Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First meeting at the DFW Airport

Date: Aug 29, 2008
Location: DFW airport
Duration: 4 hours

I attended a multi-departmental meeting, including Finance, Utility, and Security etc. at DFW Airport on Aug 29, 2008. They discussed process and difficulties on a variety of on-going projects. GIS was mentioned as a useful tool in market and geographic research. Also, this type of meeting was interesting because there were a collections of different options from various functional areas. Different department has different concerns about each project. Sometimes, people cared primarily about the project's usefulness, other times the primary concern was cost. The issue of negotiating with developers was also interesting.

After the department meeting, I had a short meeting with Mr. Brookby. We briefly talked about the future plans for the case study?
-case duration
-number of properties involved
-types of information to be included
-information the DFW airport can provide

I need to work out a general plan the case study in this week.

No comments: